Get Intervention Help Today
The most effective means to convince someone to go into rehab (rehabilitation treatment programs) is to host an intervention. You are probably concerned about somebody in your life, an individual or family member who has drastically changed because of drug and/or alcohol addiction. Through our treatment center, you can get intervention help and methods that will help your loved ones recover from drug addiction.
You might be asking, “How can I help my loved one get healthy again,” and “What’s my part in getting my family member help?” You can’t be hesitant about having a confrontation. Fear shouldn’t prevent you from taking the right action. For over a decade, we have been helping men and women in the Clarksville, TN area overcome addiction to drugs and alcohol.
What Is an Intervention?
An intervention can be as simple as negotiating with the individual to stop their destructive behavior to an intense event that is highly organized and convinces the addict to enter a rehabilitation center to treat his or her addiction problems. Family members loved ones, clergy members, teachers or other individuals who care about the addict come together to sit down with the addict concerning the negative effects of his or her drug and/or alcohol addiction. Together they will empower him or her to seek rehabilitation for the user’s substance abuse. Oftentimes, the addict will either not understand there is a drug problem or be in self-denial concerning the addiction. During an intervention it is essential to talk about:
- specific examples of hurtful behavior and the way it has affected the addict and their loved ones
- the treatment plan along with concrete goals and guidelines that the addict will observe
- what every person will do if the addict won’t enroll in a rehabilitation center of some kind
The four types of interventions are simple, crisis, classical and family system:
- A simple intervention can just be as simple as candidly asking that the afflicted person stop his or her destructive behavior. This strategy must always be done before any other, more complex intervention meetings are held.
- The entire family is the focal point for a family system intervention. Since socially dysfunctional living environments manifest situations of substance addiction and family violence, it is crucial that everyone involved wholeheartedly agrees to modify their behaviors.
- In unsafe and precarious situations, such as reckless driving, domestic violence or severe drug addiction, it’s best to stage a crisis intervention.
- The objective of a classical intervention is to steer the discourse on a particular drug abuser in order to get him or her to enroll in our treatment center immediately.
What’s the Difference Between Intervention and Therapy?
There’s a major difference between an intervention and treatment. However, both are crucial to the recovery process. Intervention can be an eye-opening procedure whereby family and friends empower a family member, friend or loved one to enter a rehabilitation treatment facility. Intervention is NOT the same thing as comprehensive rehabilitation and will not be enough to drive the addict to quit using. At our treatment center, the addict learns about the disease of substance abuse and how he or she can manage long-term recovery. Also, patients understand what their social drug triggers are. For the best possible chance of becoming clean and sober, we recommend that an addict be convinced into entering treatment immediately after his or her intervention.
For Immediate Intervention Help, Call Us Today
Generally, an intervention is a well-organized event requiring the combined efforts of family and friends. If you or someone you love is in need of services such as detox, inpatient rehab, residential treatment, intensive outpatient or intervention, give us a call at 931-910-2783 today.